Cockpit re-work

The engine was taken out this winter, to get it sand blasted and painted. We also decided to try to solve the water ingress problem in the cockpit once and for all, which meant sorting out the cockpit lockers which leaked like a sieve.  Richard has glassed in the floor, and he’s fitting new side-opening locker doors, and he’s going to replace the old top-opening lockers with solid seats.  We also took the opportunity to sort out the gas locker, so there’s a new sealed unit fitted.  To do this, Dave and Leigh will be moving all the battery electrics, main battery switch and the shunts are moving inboard underneath one of the bunks.  This should actually give us more useable space, because although the top-opening lockers will be sealed up, the gas bottle used to be in the middle of the port locker with the batteries at the forward end, so the port locker was unusable for storage.  With all this gubbins gone, and just a gas locker at the forward end, we’ve actually got space on the port as well as the starboard sides.